ICD members and our advisors participate in many conferences and private events. Here is a sampling .
Anne Bader presented on a panel at the MetricStream GRC Summit in Washington DC on April 27.
Richard Stiennon is keynoted and signed books at the QTS Information Security and Compliance Forum (ISCF) April 20 at the Willard Hotel in Washington DC. He is also presenting at the National Fintech Cybersecurity Summit in Sydney, Australia, on May 3.
Simon Reay Atkinson presented at Engineering Australia’s ‘Securing the bolts before the horse has bolted: Cyber Deterrence, Assurance and Synthetic Standards’, Thu 5 May.
Cyber Delegation to Israel
In late January, 2016, Richard Stiennon and I were invited to visit Israel as part of a 12-member delegation of security writers, journalists, researchers and policy practitioners hosted by the America-Israel Friendship League and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel.
The U.S. delegation included Adam Segal, Director of Digital and Cyberspace Policy Program, the Council on Foreign Relations; Richard Stiennon, author and Chief Research Analyst for IT-Harvest; Ben Rothke, author and Senior eGRC Consultant at Nettitude Group; Rob Pegoraro, journalist with USA Today and Yahoo Tech and Anthony M Freed, Director of Corporate Communications, Evident.io; Ron Woerner, Director for Cybersecurity Studies Bellevue University; Edwin B. Covert, security blogger and Senior Lead Technologist at Booz Allen Hamilton; Arya Yeganeh, journalist with the Foreign Desk; technology blogger Alan Weinkrantz; David Strom, journalist with TechTarget and NetworkWorld; and myself Anne Bader, Founder of the International Cybersecurity Dialogue. Our delegation participated in an intensive (and exceptional) program of meetings and briefings involving Israel government, venture capitalists, multi nationals, start-ups, Intelligence, research and education institutions.
Israel is becoming a global super star in innovation and technology. Government, academe and business all invest in building a multi stakeholder economic eco system. Cyber technology is a powerful driver in expanding information sharing and narrowing regulatory and compliance gaps between policy and technology sectors domestically and with international investors.
- Significant Updates – Brief 192 – September 5, 2020Welcome back! Today’s edition is encouraging by and large. You will read of progress in integration of best practices, new working partnerships, public awareness, citizen engagement and the value of increased attention to information security from media standards to sabotage. In that vein, I want to recognize the Journalism Institute of the National Press Club … Continue reading
- With Expanded Focus on International Cooperation, Minnesota’s Cyber Security Summit is “Unapologetically Ambitious”Cyber Security Summit Newsletter August 2020 By Anne C. Bader, Founder, The International Cybersecurity Dialogue August 17, 2020 “A few years ago, I met Eileen Manning, producer of the annual Cyber Security Summit (CSS) in Minneapolis, while attending a security event in Washington D.C.”
- Evanina, Nakasone Warnings – The ICD Brief 191: July 25, 2020Greetings and fair warning. The week’s news advances clarity and awareness but is all about conflict and concern. ICD 191 opens with warnings from NCSC Director William Evanina and NSA and CyberCom General Paul Nakasone of the importance of informing the public of the dangers surrounding the US election. It closes with the long awaited … Continue reading
- “You Cannot Give Up Now!” – Report 190, July 18, 2020It’s been a dramatic week of emergencies. Privacy Shield shut down, Twitter down, Cloudflare down, Iran and China, a growing trend to move companies out of China and numerous others that I will leave for you to discover. There’s a sampling below. We lost two great men yesterday. Here’s a brief celebration of their lives. … Continue reading
- “”…to Subdue the Enemy Without Fighting” – Report 189, July 12, 2020In spite of the obvious, I hope that your week has gone well. Our 189th edition reflects a malaise of rancor and division across our world with a few upbeat stories. Here’s a sampling: How the US steamrolled Chinese tech giant out of Five Eyes Canada Not Joining U.S. In Warning Against TikTok, Bill Blair’s … Continue reading
- ICD Report 188, July 3, 2020Sent out today to wish you and yours a future of good health, safety and freedom on this US Independence Day! It’s been a dazzling week of interventions leading with a suspicious series of Iranian explosions and a historic multinational police hack of organized crime across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. Here’s a sampling. … Continue reading