“We believe that national policies and laws governing the new cyber domain must be made with the public and private sector technologists who create and manage the networks and systems.”
Anne C Bader and Richard Stiennon
Our mission is to promote real time in person dialogue between technologists and policy makers in business, government and academe.
The ICD is designed for active engagement; for those leaders who seek peer level debate and exchange. Our goal is to add value while convening informal networks to enhance understanding and “bridge the gap.”
Our core activity is the ICD roundtable – small (under 25), by invitation and off the record as appropriate to allow participants – all current public and private sector experts – the freedom to voice their individual ideas and opinions.
Our initial ICD program includes roundtables, expert briefings, assessment visits, a closing forum and two reports. Meetings and interviews will be off the record as appropriate. Reports, commentary and assessments will be presented through the ICD Forum and on our website. Our International Expert Advisory Board comprises public and private experts in defense, law, finance, energy, telecommunications, transport, insurance, ethics and legislation.
Six ICD Cyber Challenges
- Information Sharing and Assurance
- Norms, Best Practices and Law
- Critical Infrastructure Resilience
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Supply Chain Assurance
- Threats: anticipation, deterrence, mitigation, response
Six Basic Questions
- What is needed to strengthen existing cyber vulnerable critical infrastructures?
- How should information be shared to ensure privacy and accountability?
- What specific ways can business support government actions? How can it be done cost effectively?
- What law and what body governs cyber crimes and cyber attacks?
- Who ensures responsibility and accountability?What are the rules for response?
- What are the most important principles of governance for the cyber sphere?
- What are the key concepts and terminology for the cyber sphere?
The International Cybersecurity Dialogue All rights reserved 2012-2013